At JE-CO Truck and Trailer we are dedicated to making lives better for the people and companies we service. As a Night Parts Driver, you will be a integral part of our team and this mission.
We have an opportunity for a well-rounded, knowledgeable, organized Nights Part Driver to join our team! You will be enthusiastic about providing exceptional delivery service and an above-average customer service presence. The ideal candidate is highly organized and has knowledge of vehicle parts. We are looking for the best and the brightest so if you are the best at what you do, we'd love to chat.
This role is responsible for:
- Picks up and delivering parts and equipment to customers while maintaining friendly,
courteous relationships that encourage repeat business.
- Checks with the parts manager, inventory control administrator, parts counter people
or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last-minute pick-ups
- Customer service focus beginning with accurate order pulling and efficient delivery,
as well as safe driving.
- Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
- Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient's signature
on each delivery entry.
- Safely load and unload delivery truck.
- Handles basic maintenance of the truck including keeping it clean and making sure
required inspections are performed.
- Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance.
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
- Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive.
Requirements for this position include:
- Comprehension of diesel trucks and equipment parts.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a delivery driver.
- Knowledge of how inventory systems and/or accounting experience is a plus.
- Computer literate.
- Must have the ability to lift up to fifty pounds on a regular basis.
- Possess strong organization and communication skills.
- A self-starter with initiative and proven willingness to assume ownership of areas of
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly and independently
- Promotion of company goals by supporting and implementing changes is imperative.